Strengthening the corporate profile of a leading innovator
RICE was engaged to strengthen the corporate profile of Bosch in Southeast Asia and highlight the company’s performance in Southeast Asia.
- Announce Bosch’s 2012 Full Year SEA financial results
- Build messaging around Bosch’s rapid expansion into ASEAN emerging markets
- Extend traction of the financial results news to executive profiling in business and trade media
- 60 pieces of coverage over two months including coverage in The Straits Times, TODAY, The Wall Street Journal-Asia, The Edge, and Bloomberg TV
Building a corporate profile
RICE successfully raised the corporate profile of Huthwaite in Singapore and built awareness for the company in new markets of Vietnam and Thailand.
- Reinforced thought-leadership through by-lined articles and commentaries
- Secured interviews in Singapore with key business and marketing media
- Maximised Huthwaite events and workshops to engage media and industry stakeholders
- 40+ pieces of coverage over 18 months including full-paged features in The Edge, Straits Times, Ad Asia, Campaign Asia; and broadcast interviews on Channel NewsAsia and 938Live
Managing regional outreach from Singapore
RICE was tasked with building the corporate profile of National Instruments in Southeast Asia.
- Two-pronged media outreach to regional Business and Engineering trade in Singapore, and to tier one general news and education media in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Showcase National Instruments’ partnerships with the academia, research institutions and NGOs
- Over 280 pieces of coverage to date across Southeast Asia in an 18 month period
- Interviews with regional media such as CNBC Asia, Channel NewsAsia, The Edge, and Dow Jones / Wall Street Journal
Leadership profiling across Asia Pacific
Inmarsat has been a client of RICE for over 5 years. The team is responsible for managing the company’s reputation across Asia Pacific.
- Ensure that communications underpins Inmarsat’s leadership as provider of global mobile satellite communications services
- Raise awareness for Inmarsat’s portfolio, strong partner network, and next-generation services
- Take issues-based approach to increasing awareness and knowledge of the company
- Consistent top-tier coverage in Asia Pacific’s leading national and regional business titles
- Regular coverage in key regional trade and broadcast media
Building an emerging digital imaging brand
RICE was hired by GE Imaging to introduce the GE Camera brand in Singapore and showcase flagship products.
- Develop the credibility through targeted media engagement focused on the GE Camera brand vision and positioning
- Manage the launch and introduction to tier one consumer/technology media and bloggers
- Devise and implemented a product seeding and review programme
- 22 pieces of coverage for GE Camera brand over 3 month period including articles in The Straits Times, CNET Asia, August Man, Hardwarezone.com and Tech65
Mobile Marketing Association
Profiling a leading platform for the mobile marketing ecosystem
RICE has worked with the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) in Asia Pacific since 2009. Part of the agency’s remit has covered the Mobile Marketing Association Forum (MMAF) in Asia Pacific each year. Since 2014, RICE has been driving the media strategy and execution for the event in Singapore.
- Use the Forum to position the MMA and its members as industry leaders with a strong track record and broad expertise in the field of mobile marketing
- Educate media, analysts and other influencers on the critical issues and emerging trends facing the mobile marketing industry
- The PR efforts around the event resulted in a total of 107 pieces of coverage in regional and in-country media
- 33 media interviews were conducted around the Forum
Building a brand in Asia’s mobile space
RICE was responsible for introducing InMobi into Singapore & Asia Pacific and quickly building the company’s credentials in the mobile technology space.
- Design and execute an aggressive outreach and launch programme that tapped Rice’s extensive network of media, analysts and industry influencers to quickly grow awareness of the brand and its leadership position
- In a four month period, Rice secured 248 tradional and online pieces of coverage and secured 13 interviews for InMobi across key mainline, trade and broadcast media in Asia Pacific
Building a brand from scratch in Singapore
RICE was responsible for the establishment and management of Smoothie King’s Facebook community in Singapore.
- Focus attention on building a community of fans
- Conceptualised, developed and executed a contest resulting in a total of 419 entries
- Engage Singapore food and lifestyle bloggers to raise awareness of store and brand proposition
- Garnered 1,241 fans in two months (supported by FB advertising)
- Hosted Blogger launch event and one-on-one tastings for key bloggers
- Positive blog posts that communicate the healthy positioning of the Smoothie King brand and product
Launching a retail outlet
RICE was tasked with launching M&M’s flagship concept store in Asia Pacific at Changi Airport.
- Focus attention on high-impact coverage in most influential traditional media
- Provide bloggers and online news sites with multimedia to build stories
- Highlight the unique approach taken with in-store features and products
- Develop trade angle for regional retail media
- 14 pieces of coverage in local dailies, lifestyle, online news and trade media
- Coverage in Straits Times Life! – leading local lifestyle and food publication
- Blogger and social media posts